The MEL Safety Institute (MSI) has created the MSI Leadership Academy for Managers, Administrators, Department Heads, and Supervisors interested in sharpening and expanding communication, conflict resolution, stress management, and team-building skills. The goal is to enhance leadership skills by offering participants varied and in-depth training.
- Complete the mandatory classes and 4 elective classes of your choice.
- Classes must be completed within two-years from the date the student starts the program.
NOTE: Classes have been updated to reflect the goals of the Leadership Academy. In order to qualify for the Leadership Academy classes taken prior to 2022 will need to be retaken.
- December 1-22, 2022 (Start Date: January 1, 2023)
- June 1–22, 2023 (Start Date: July 1, 2023)
- December 1-22, 2023 (Start Date: January 1, 2024)
- Implicit Bias in the Workplace
- Protecting Children from Abuse in NJ Government Programs
- Leadership Skills for Supervisors Workshop*
* Not Required for Law Enforcement
- Accident Investigation
- Building a Constitutionally Sound Police Department Through Training
- CDL: Supervisor Reasonable Suspicion
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Ethical Decision-Making
- Employee Conduct and Violence Prevention in the Workplace
- Fire Department Risk Management
- LE: Below 100
- LE: Career Survival for First-Line Supervisor
- Microlearning – Theory & Practices
- Preparing for First Amendment Audits
- Preparing for the Unspeakable
- Productive Meeting Best Practices
- Public Employers: What You Need to Know
- Safety Coordinators’ Skill Training
When clicking on a class in the MSI LIVE schedule, if the class is in person you will be directed to the MSI Learning Management System (LMS). Please log into the LMS, click on the appropriate college on the home screen to find your course and enroll. The location of the class is included within the description of these courses.